Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The man I love

From: nudeadguy@aol.com (NudeAdGuy)
Date: 10 Aug 1994 21:12:01 -0400
Subject: The man I love
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

I picked up a copy of the import (from UK) CD single today. Those of you
who haven't heard it yet should run out and buy it. HOWEVER--I was really
surprised to see she shares the bill with Larry Adler--especially if you
know anything about this "expert" of musical public opinion.

Adler is a man who can be put on the same pedestal as Steve Allen and
Mitch Miller when it comes to listing "enemies" of Rock and Roll.

About 25 years ago, on the Dick Cavett show, he gained 15 minutes of fame
he didn't need by saying "the only thing the Beatles will be remembered
for is "Yesterday."

Perhaps he will one day be right, but how many of you reading this had any
idea who Larry Adler was before you read this post or picked up the Kate
CD?

And does it bother anyone out there that this Gershwin LP was produced by
George Martin, the Beatles producer? I guess money makes for some strange
bedfellows.

I will end this with a request that I have used to end posts before : Kate
Bush, get off your overfed-on-chocolate butt and tour!