Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas in Kolumbus

From: nrc@cbemx.cb.att.com (Richard Caldwell x2206)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 15:01:31 GMT
Subject: Katemas in Kolumbus
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@nntpa.att.com (Netnews Administration)

Thanks to everyone who shared our third Katemas in Columbus!  We hope
you enjoyed it as much as we did.  Special thanks to Lori who personally
dropped off the Lovehounds collection rather than trusting it to the US
Postal service. :)

As many of you know, Missy and I have spent most of our time lately
working on Really Deep Thoughts, the Tori Amos fanzine.  We often kid
about having dedicated our lives to Tori but the amount of time it
takes has given us a new respect for the dedication of those who have
been putting out fanzines regularly for years (and particularly the folks
at Homeground).

I must admit that with all that is going on with Tori right now and
Kate's relative lack of activity, we weren't approaching this Katemas
with nearly as much enthusiasm as we have in the past.  But once
people had started to arrive and the videos were playing yet again it
was really nice to dedicate a day to Kate and set aside all the work
and worry that goes into the fanzine.  Well, most of it anyway:
watching Kate go through her career on video also lends new perspective
to where Tori is in her career.

So thanks again to everyone who helped bring the spirit of Katemas
back to the Caldwell household.  We hope to see you in October for
OcTorifest!

Richard
--
					N. Richard Caldwell