Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate question (delurk)

From: k8bushfan@aol.com (K8BUSHFAN)
Date: 1 Aug 1994 00:19:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate question (delurk)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

In article <01HFDC3B6N3M8WWTAF@HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU>,
DYBKAJ@HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU writes:

Back in 1989 I played bass for a Detroit band called  "Jugglers
& Thieves." We played a club in dayton ohio usa called, I think,
"Canal Street" and the bar owner said that Kate played there in
the late 70's.  he was a really nice guy, so I gave him the
benefit of a doubt.  We went to the local college station there,
as well, to record an interview & plug our record.  The people
there said yep, kate *did* play at Canal Street and in fact did
some station ID's for the radio station.  Well, all you Kate
experts, what do you think?  I know your collective wisdom can
shed some light.

I use to go to college in Dayton, Ohio (Wright State University) and I
know the bar you are referring.  I have friends who have worked at the
radio station and the bar for a long time so I'm sure I can find out.
However, it seems very unlikely to me.  It is a very small house and I
just can't imagine her playing there.  But, then again, The Breeders
played there for a LONG time.

Ken