Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate question (delurk)

From: DYBKAJ@HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 1994 21:20:21 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Kate question (delurk)
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi;
Hope everyone is enjoying their Summer & to those who are celebrating
a holiday Aug. 1st have a good one.  Also thanks to those who
contributed to the tape-tree from a grateful Kate fan (the night
flight interview = deeep hurting!)  Anyway on to my question--
ok. Back in 1989 I played bass for a Detroit band called  "Jugglers
& Thieves." We played a club in dayton ohio usa called, I think,
"Canal Street" and the bar owner said that Kate played there in
the late 70's.  he was a really nice guy, so I gave him the
benefit of a doubt.  We went to the local college station there,
as well, to record an interview & plug our record.  The people
there said yep, kate *did* play at Canal Street and in fact did
some station ID's for the radio station.  Well, all you Kate
experts, what do you think?  I know your collective wisdom can
shed some light. (But keep in mind that I kind of like the
idea of playing somewhere kate did so be gentle! ; )          )
Thanks.  Jill
________
It is good here:  rustle and snow-crunch,
the frost is fiercer every morning,
a bush of blinding ice roses
bows in white flame.
(1922 Anna Akhmatova)