Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate EP

From: YAMAMOTO Sozo <sozo@crl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 20:33:09 +0900
Subject: Re: Kate EP
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: sozo@crl.mei.co.jp

> > I read somewhere that Kate released an EP at some point between _Never
> > Forever_ and _The Dreaming_.  Is this true?  If so, is it still
> > available, what's on it, and how does it sound?

> Yep, it's true. It's called "On Stage", contains four live songs (Them Heavy
> People, Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake, James And The Cold Gun,
> L'Amour Looks Something Like You), was availlable on 7" and 12" vinyl from

As "On stage" was released _before_ "Never for Ever", this must be
about "December Will Be Magic Again" released in 1980 November.

And the FAQ says:
     December Will Be Magic Again
        This is originally a single on its own, but has now been used in almost
        too many singles as a b-side (Experiment IV, Moments Of Pleasure (UK)),
        and is quite often used on Christmas samplers by EMI. One of these
        featured an alternate ('bongo') version of the song.

And also on TWW box.

 | Central Research Laboratories, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. |
 +--- sozo@crl.mei.co.jp -- Phone:+81-7749-8-2531 -- FAX:+81-7749-8-2582 --+