Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate EP

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 10:55:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate EP
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>> > I read somewhere that Kate released an EP at some point between _Never
>> > Forever_ and _The Dreaming_.  Is this true?  If so, is it still
>> > available, what's on it, and how does it sound?
>
>> Yep, it's true. It's called "On Stage", contains four live songs (Them Heavy
>> People, Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake, James And The Cold Gun,
>> L'Amour Looks Something Like You), was availlable on 7" and 12" vinyl from

I think it's possible the original poster is referring to the EP
called "Kate Bush", released only in the US and Canada just when interest
in Kate in those two countries started to appear -- soon after
"The Dreaming" was released, I believe.  The two versions have
identical covers, but the Canadian version has one more song than
the American.  These EPs are easily recognizable -- their cover
is that of the "wild woman" (my term) in the Babooshka video.
They are official releases by EMI America (in the US version's case),
NOT bootlegs.

I happen to have one copy of each for sale.  If anyone is interested,
or needs more information, let me know.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov