Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ani DiFranco (was "You Want Alchemy")

From: glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Gord Locke)
Date: 20 Jul 1994 23:26:10 GMT
Subject: Ani DiFranco (was "You Want Alchemy")
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Fisher, Carlton D. <SLUMUS!X7E0@uunet.uu.net> wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone else on the list has heard of Ani Difranco.
>She is a folk-rock artist based in Buffalo, New York who sings alot of
>songs with a strong feminist message.  She's been around since 1990 and
>already has six albums.  I think she is really an excellent artist and
>I have every album that I have been able to find by her.  (I have been
>told that she has a strong Canadian following.)

	I never heard of her before I took a trip to Vancouver last X-mas,
but she seemed to be pretty big with the people I met there.  I heard a few
of her songs and I was really impressed.  Sorta how good Phranc would like
to be.  I guess a good comparison is Tracy Chapman, but with a more soulful
voice and more energy.  Or Faith Nolan.  I nearby heartily recommend her to
you all.
--
  Gord Locke | glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca | studying Philosophy and Math (B.A.)