Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "You Want Alchemy"

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 14:18:13 GMT
Subject: Re: "You Want Alchemy"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <19JUL94.20232959.0009.MUSIC@SLUMUS> "Fisher, Carlton D." <SLUMUS!X7E0@uunet.uu.net> writes:

>This is in response to yesterday's posting which referred to Kate's
>"You Want Alchemy" as "crap".  I also have the European single of "The
>Red Shoes" and I think that the track in question is actually a very
>good song-- so stick your opinion in a cloud and bust it.

Have I missed some addition to the gaffa FAQ which says that any negative
opinion of a Katesong is automatically subject to unadulterated flamage?
Because you disagree with me, I'm supposed to take my abuse like a good boy
and sit in the corner?  Grow up, people.

>that have lyrics in the booklet?  I especially like the songs on _The
>Hounds of Love_ but I have trouble understanding all the lyrics and am
>therefore eager to find lyrics to this album as well as the others.

There's an ftp site or two you might want to check out.  I don't know how
accurate the transcriptions are, but I think you can find them at
ftp.uwp.edu.  Someone please correct me if I've misremembered.

>I was wondering if anyone else on the list has heard of Ani Difranco.
>She is a folk-rock artist based in Buffalo, New York who sings alot of
>songs with a strong feminist message.  She's been around since 1990 and
>already has six albums.  I think she is really an excellent artist and
>I have every album that I have been able to find by her.  (I have been
>told that she has a strong Canadian following.)  She performed at my
>college this past spring and her stage presence is electrifying.  She
>emanates a warmth to her audience that none of the other performers
>that have come here have been able to match.  Her music seems
>wonderfully vibrant and alive.  If anyone wants any information about
>ordering her music, please e-mail me and I will post it to the list.

I've heard of her, yes, but never heard her.  She's been in Rochester
several times and her albums are on sale at local record stores.  I've heard
lots of good things about her as well.

Drewcifer
--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
"Frank, I'll give you three seconds to stop licking my face."--Dr. F.