Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The rumor mill continues to amaze me

From: jennifer sherry <jsherry@hngorin.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 20 Jul 94 11:04:39 EDT
Subject: The rumor mill continues to amaze me
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Yesterday, when I was visting my fiance's office I made the
error of discussing musical taste with one of his co-workers.
Well, one thing led to another and then he mentioned Kate.  I
make it a practice not to bring her up first, because I can go
overboard on the topic and most people start to think I'm a
fanatic or something worse.  Anyway, this person starts to make
these statments which I just could believe.

He said something about her being in some weird religious
organization,  that she and Del have been married for about 13
years and have three children (did I miss something?),  she
only tours every ten years and she's suppose to be touring
later this year (I wish).  He claims he saw her in concert in
the US in the early 80's.

After hearing this, I forgot about etiquette and being polite to
people you just met.  I told him, if a weird religion is being a
vegetarian, so be it, other then that she appears to have a
"normal" life.  That unless my sources (Love-Hounds and
Homeground) have totally ignored it, she's single and child-free.
The only tour I know about was the Tour of Life, in 1979 I
believe.  I know she performed on Saturday Night Live, but I
didn't know about any concert dates in America at this time.  My
fiance added that if she was touring I'd be camped out at the
nearest ticket agent waiting for the tickets to go on sale.

I would just like to know, where do people get these "facts" and
why do people (non-KateFans) think that your nuts and maybe just
a little obsessive, just because you read a fanzine and an
internet digest about somebody.

Oh, he also made some comment about 'The Kick Inside' being a
really strange album, that she must have been on drugs at the
time.

Just waxing rhapsodic,
Jennifer

"With a hey ho and a bonny o" - Loreena McKennitt

why do people look at you like you are nuts just because you know