Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wedding List

From: bauer@marlowe.cog.brown.edu (Jennifer Bauer)
Date: 3 Jul 1994 04:53:21 GMT
Subject: Re: Wedding List
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <940701155912_555063.0_DHL52-2@CompuServe.COM>,
jsherry@hngorin.mhs.compuserve.com (jennifer sherry) wrote:

> I'm getting married at the end of August and the organist for the
> ceremony said she'd be willing to adapt popular music to the
> ceremony setting.  The DJ for the reception said he would play
> any songs we want as long as we can supply them on tape of CD, if
> he doesn't have them.
>
> So here's the question:
> Do you, the Love-Hound community, have any suggestions?  or Have
> any of you done this already?

Well, I got married last New Year's Day. Since I don't like Wagner
too much, I tossed out "Here Comes the Bride" and walked down the
aisle with a tape of "Night Scented Stock." The a capella harmonies
sounded rather surreal in the sanctuary, and the piece fit in well
with the nighttime theme of the rest of our music (Moonlight Sonata,
Music of the Night, Rondo from _Eine Kleine Nachtmusik). It even
helped make my husband a fan...

Anyway, whatever you decide, best of luck to you and your fiance!

--
     Jennifer Bauer, Brown University Cognitive & Linguistic Sciences
    "All we ever look for: a god, a drug, a great big hug."--KaTe Bush