Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Copyright

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 1994 15:43:08 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Copyright
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Ah, it's a sad day when Internet folk are worried about copyright infringement.
;>

Seriously, though, does the copyright extend to any image of Kate?  I remember
when we were trying to do the rdt shirts there was a concern brought up that
since Tori's tour is going on and they're selling merchandise at the shows, it's
illegal for anyone else to put Tori's image on anything until the tour is over.
Somehow we managed to get around it with original artwork (Richard, you can
explain this much better than I can!).  I think original artwork of Kate would
be the way to go, since any photograph might present a problem.... anybody
have Pauline Stuckey's number?

Meredith
meth@delphi.com