Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

traveling and wanking, not necessarily in that order

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 23:17:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: traveling and wanking, not necessarily in that order
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Peter Manchester exhorted:

>No, no!  You were our Scribe, and the beating heart of our enthusiasm!  *I*
>am the one who poisoned the well by getting suckered by nearly everything--
>hollering "Under the Ivy!" so fast and confidently for "You know that I'll be
>waiting" that no one else's better instincts had time to function.

Actually, I think Geoff Parks was our scribe, but that's neither here nor
there.  About the only thing I remember contributing to the Quiz was one of
the songs with the word "Love" in the title ("All The Love"), and corroboration
of your erroneous "Under The Ivy" conviction.  Oh, well. :)

[wonderful description of our flight deleted]

I was astonished to note that one of the movies I viewed on the flight back,
_Widow's Peak_, isn't opening in my area until next week!!!  (It's a good
film, btw.)  Has anyone seen _The House Of The Spirits_?  The video player
died shortly before the end, and I really want to know how it ends, but am
unwilling to suffer through the rest of the movie again in order to find out.

>Tell Kristie when you see her that I was *so* pleased with all aspects of the
>travel arrangements, above all with Virgin Atlantic, that on the trip home I
>bought *two* teeshirts (the Flying Lady, on blue, and the logo, on black),
>the Parker pen (an inscrutible object that contains a Jotter refill, but has
>no hole at either end through which it can be made to write), the J&B Scotch
>commemorative liter for VA's tenth anniversary, *and* the aviator teddy bear!

:) :) :)  I'll be sure to let Kristie know (she's my travel goddess, in case
anyone is wondering.  She can send tickets anywhere in the U.S., so if you're
looking for a travel agent, e-mail me and I'll send you her number!).  I'm
sure Virgin was happy to get your money, too. :)

Mirko wondered:

>Had anyone seen movie "Angie"? They're advertising it:
>blah, blah 'bout the movie, unique music of fantastic Kate Bush, blah, blah.

It's supposedly got "Rubberband Girl" lurking in it somewhere.