Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You Want Alchemy

From: Douglas Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 17:42:10 -0400
Subject: You Want Alchemy
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: nessus@space.mit.edu

Normally I'd be the first to poo-poo any huge [insert dual gender
symbol here] influence on Kate, but yesterday my Girlfriend insisted
on playing the song "Purple Rain" for me, and you know what?  It
sounds almost exactly like "You Want Alchemy".  Despite the incredible
similariities, for some reason "Purple Rain" sounds unbearably boring
and tedious to me, while "You Want Alchemy" sounds very nice indeed.
I still think that Kate should go back to listening to Captain
Beefheart and Frank Zappa, though....