Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Axcess KT reference

From: shaun@hew.mincom.oz.au (Shaun Hayes)
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 06:26:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Axcess KT reference
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mincom.oz.au (News Administrator)

As Douglas Alan (nessus@mit.edu) wrote:

:->New album?  *Pop Eyes* is quite an old album (mid 80's) and definitely
:->a masterpiece.  I don't recall my album having a gory cover, however.
:->Perhaps I got the censored version.  Has it been re-released in some
:->new form?

Pop Eyes has just been released for the first time on CD.  The "original"
vinyl cover has a more typical (wonderful) Holly Warburton cover, sort
of pinky-purply veins all over a closeup of a woman's face (maybe Dax,
maybe not).  The new cover is pretty gross, and not nearly as interesting
I think, but may indeed be the original design  (the Warburton cover may
itself in fact have been a rerelease of the *original* original, with the
new cover keeping with the subsequent covers of the period, sadly later
eschewed for "personality" covers, and blander music).  Got that?

-Shaun
--
   -----
   \ = /---     "This champagne is FROZEN!"