Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Red Shoe Box

From: pptjc@vaxk.bton.ac.uk (It's in the trees... It's coming...)
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 11:09:01 GMT
Subject: Re: The Red Shoe Box
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@unix.bton.ac.uk

In article <2rfuhj$bbi@ionews.io.org>, psmy@io.org (Phil Smy) writes:
>In article <m0q39Ad-000ADtC@zoodle.robin.de> Ulrich Grepel,
>uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de writes:
>>- The official red promo shoe box containing the CD, a video, a pen, a
>T-shirt (?)
>>- An inofficial red shoe box containing the CD, a T-shirt and ...?
>>- An inofficial black shoe box containing the CD, a T-shirt and a badge
>>- An inofficial red heart shaped shoe box containing a pair of red shoes
>and the CD
>
>Well, I bought what I thought was the official shoe box, but it did not
>contain any video :-(. It had the CD, the T-Shirt and a badge, with the
>Red Shoes written on the front in red.
>
>Which is that?
>
>Phil

Peter Chow from Brighton (UK) adds:

It may be an official one but not the same as the UK issue. The UK one
has no T-shirt. I seem to remember that CBS/Sony had a different one made up.
The UK one would not have been sent to the States as the video is PAL format
and as such is unplayable on US NTSC equipment.

The video contains a copy of the US and UK versions of the RBG clip and a
clip from a UK chat show "Aspel & Company" featuring Kate "performing"
MoP (she played live to the studio audience but the broadcast output was dubbed
from the CD).