Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: favorite songs...

From: pptjc@vaxk.bton.ac.uk (It's in the trees... It's coming...)
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 15:52:01 GMT
Subject: Re: favorite songs...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@unix.bton.ac.uk

In article <940518083620.234000ce@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU>, RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU writes:

>woj writes:
>>>considering just the Top Ten, 4 come from HoL, and 2 each from TKI, TSW, and
>>>TRS
>
>that seems sort of strange considering that 142% of the people on the list say
>that The Dreaming is their favorite album... and not 1 song from that album
>made the top ten...
>
>hmmm.

Peter Chow from Brighton (UK) adds:

Yes, it puzzles me that Wuthering Heights is always voted the number one
song by such a large margin every time one of these polls is done. It's a
good song and it was my favourite for a long time but I don't think so
now. Kate's vocal style has improved constantly over the years with more
texture and solidity.

Perhaps people reading this could reply to the question of what it is about
WH that still makes it stand above all her other songs after 16 years?