Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Girl with the Stars-in-her-eyes

From: csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk (Stuart Houghton)
Date: 17 May 1994 17:35:04 +0100
Subject: The Girl with the Stars-in-her-eyes
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk

Hi all!

	Did anyone see 'Stars in their eyes' last saturday?  (For non-UK
resident Lovehounds 'Stars in their eyes' is a supremely tacky pseudo-
talent show in which members of the public impersonate 'real' famous singers
 in full costume, etc.)

	Anyway, the show this week (and I assure you this was the ONLY
reason I watched it :-) featured a young lady performing as KaTe!

	She didn't look terribly like KaTe although the make up dept. did
a reasonable attempt at a generic 70's hairdo.  She did a fair job of the
dance steps from the video of 'Wuthering Heights' and her voice was ok,
though perhaps a little too screechy.

	This best part was during the short interview preceeding her
performance when she confessed that she had realised her Bush-impersonating
talents when she had accidentally run her bath with extra-hot water and, on
stepping inside, had let out a piercing scream.  :-)

	I am afraid I cant say whether she won or not, the tackiness
became too much & I had to switch off...

--
Stuart Houghton.
Unflinching Agent of the Counter Culture