Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Prince

From: Andy Semple <mty027@cck.coventry.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 May 94 16:20:29 +0100
Subject: Prince
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

I find what Mike Gallaher says quite interesting regarding Prince.He
does have a reputation of writing for other artists under assumed
names.I think that 'Manic Monday' was credited under an assumed name.
On 'The Red Shoes' there is a bass player on several tracks called
Gaumont D'Olivera who I've never previously heard of.Is there a slight
possibility that Gaumont D'Olivera is Prince???I'm probably wrong but
it does sound feasible,as some of his playing is not too disimilar.
Andy Semple  mty027@uk.ac.cov.cck