Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Girl with the Stars-in-her-eyes

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 12:27:10 GMT
Subject: Re: The Girl with the Stars-in-her-eyes
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <2rarno$5j1@cc_sysk.coventry.ac.uk>,
csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk (Stuart Houghton) writes:

> Hi all!
>
> 	Did anyone see 'Stars in their eyes' last saturday?  (For non-UK
> resident Lovehounds 'Stars in their eyes' is a supremely tacky pseudo-
> talent show in which members of the public impersonate 'real' famous singers
>  in full costume, etc.)

Alas I missed the first 15mins and she was either the first or second
performer.

> 	She didn't look terribly like KaTe although the make up dept. did
> a reasonable attempt at a generic 70's hairdo.  She did a fair job of the
> dance steps from the video of 'Wuthering Heights' and her voice was ok,
> though perhaps a little too screechy.

I thought she looked reasonably like Kate, but a bit too tall.
Bet she didn't sound any better than the Rare Flowers singer 8-)

> 	I am afraid I cant say whether she won or not, the tackiness
> became too much & I had to switch off...

No, the Tom Jones impersonator won...
--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)