Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work Differences

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 23:34:00 +0200
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work Differences
To: glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Gord Locke)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Gord said:
> The version on the soundtrack has some vocal bits at the very beginning
> that are absent from every other version I've heard (TSW, box set).
> However I have a taped copy of a CD bootleg that came out before TSW
> that has TWW on it, *with* this spoken part (so I guess the bootlegger
> just taped it off the soundtrack).  I can't pick out what this spoken
> part is saying -- does anyone know?  Sorry if it's an FAQ.

The bootleg CD is probably the Neutral Zone CD called Kate Bush Live At
Hammersmith 1979 (NZCD 89010). It's the first Kate bootleg CD that appeared
on the market, and it did so in 1989 but before The Sensual World was out and
therefore before the TWW single was out either. The only source for the song was
the soundtrack (and, of course, the film itself), so that version ended on the CD
as kind of a rarity. Noone could've known that TWW would be 'common' a few
months later.

On the other hand I have to admit that I cannot hear any differences (except
maybe general recording level) between the three versions of TWW, except for
the spoken part in the soundtrack version.

No idea of what the spoken part is saying. Maybe I should watch the film again,
perhaps it's more clear there?

Bye,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)