Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW Extended Edition

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 00:22:00 +0200
Subject: Re: TWW Extended Edition
To: Michael Bowman <bvmi@odin.cc.pdx.edu>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Michael wrote:
> While picking up The Red Shoes Part 2 at a local store I saw they had two

> CDs I hadn't seen before: This Woman's Work Extended Edition 1 and This

> Woman's Work Extended Edition 2. These were marked For Promotional Use

> Only, Not For Sale, so I assume that they're not boots. Looking at the

> track listings they appear to have all of the songs from the original TWW

> rarities disks plus 2 songs each from The Red Shoes album.

They most definately ARE bootlegs. No bootleg does have written "I'm a bootleg"
on it, they want to seem legitimate, and the 2 CDs you just found have succeeded
with this quite often now. They look too darn official on the first glance,
but they aren't. No 'EMI', 'Columbia', 'Novercia', ... on it anywhere. Extremely
thin booklets (without being made in the US). Not crisp-quality pictures in the
booklets, and the pics have been used on other bootlegs too. No official
announcement of them anywhere. 'Gema' on it, but not 'made in Germany' which
official 'Gema' marked disks have all the time (but also some boots).

This isn't to put down anyone who mistook the two CDs for official stuff, it's
just a little help on how to tell whether some CD is a bootleg or not.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)