Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TSF video, thanks, TLTCTC

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 11:39:20 GMT
Subject: Re: TSF video, thanks, TLTCTC
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <CMM-RU.1.4.769045484.vickie@pilot.njin.net>,
vickie@pilot.njin.net (KonvenTion_Fan) writes:

> If anyone is curious, Chris and I did make it to the showing of TLTCTC
> at Lee Valley on Friday night and it was wonderful to see the film, and
> quite a few other Kate videos on the big theater screen. One of the most
> interesting things we noticed was that RUTH had a different ending from
> the one we've always seen before. Instead of the panning "arrow" shots,
> the video ended with Kate and the other dancer (blanking on his name)
> rolling together on the floor. It's the first we knew about there being

Yes, I noticed the different ending to RutH when I saw TLTCTC at the
Edinburgh UCI last Tuesday. Also, I think the Experiment IV video was
also slightly different around the point where the "sound siren" turns
into the "sound demon". The Love & Anger video was the regular one,
without the "convulsion". Although all the promo videos (but not TLTCTC)
were film transfers of video, they looked much better than on VHS tape -
first time I noticed the Experiment IV singles on the counter inside
the Music for Pleasure shop!

> a different ending for that video. It's unfortunate, but there were only
> 9 people total in the 230-seat theater. At the KonvenTion, I chatted with
> Del Palmer about the film, and he seemed to think that it might very well

Arrgghh! You met Del! Don't suppose he gave any hints on the current
status of his relationship with Kate? (he asks pruriently 8-)

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)