Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Convention summary

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 11:07:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Convention summary
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <9405160149.AA10990@romulus.rutgers.edu> woj@remus.rutgers.edu (lasagna breeze) writes:

> E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk> sez:
>> But I was disappointed to read that the love-hounds were once again billed
>> as the American fans. ...

> we were? i didn't think so. when the nationalities of the attendees were
> listed, the love-hounds were mentioned as a separate group. we were the
> last group he mentioned, right after the americans, but we were a separate
> group.

Unfortunately, I didn't save Peter Manchester's posting, but I think the
key words he used were "in that connection" to link the American fans and
Love-hounds.  Not having been there I can't be sure, but I assumed he was
paraphrasing the Homegrinder. In any case, the same mistake was made at the
last convention and has been perpetrated in Homeground as well. Now that
PDFM has internet access and can see for himself the range of nationalities
involved -- he is British after all -- there would seem to be no excuse.
:-)
/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /