Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TSF video, thanks, TLTCTC

From: KonvenTion_Fan <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 94 19:44:44 EDT
Subject: TSF video, thanks, TLTCTC
To: kate.;@pilot.njin.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

A correction to my own post...

A few weeks ago I had said that The Single File video was no longer
in print, having been replaced by The Whole Story video. I was wrong,
though I didn't realize it until we were in London. We found a copy
of The Single File video in HMV on Oxford Street. They only had one,
and we bought it, but it seems that it has been re-released as a
"Music Club" ("A superb range of great value music videos") title.
It's number is MC 2054, for those who might want to order it. (It's
in PAL format)

Track listing: Wuthering Heights, The Man With The Child In His Eyes,
Hammer Horror, Wow (original version), Them Heavy People, Breathing,
Babooshka, Army Dreamers, Sat In Your Lap, The Dreaming, Suspended
In Gaffa, There Goes A Tenner.

Thanks and thanks again to Peter, Krys, Dave Cross and all the
Homeground/KBC crew who made the KonvenTion so *SO* wonderful! Also
thanks to Peter & Krys for hosting a warm, friendly and interesting
gathering at their home on Tuesday. Last, but not least, thanks to
Geoff Parks for hosting the party in Cambridge on Saturday. You all
made it one of the best weeks of our lives. You're all very wonderful!
It was a special pleasure to meet all the Love-Hounds I did, and my
regrets to those of you I didn't meet. It was all fun, but chaotic.

If anyone is curious, Chris and I did make it to the showing of TLTCTC
at Lee Valley on Friday night and it was wonderful to see the film, and
quite a few other Kate videos on the big theater screen. One of the most
interesting things we noticed was that RUTH had a different ending from
the one we've always seen before. Instead of the panning "arrow" shots,
the video ended with Kate and the other dancer (blanking on his name)
rolling together on the floor. It's the first we knew about there being
a different ending for that video. It's unfortunate, but there were only
9 people total in the 230-seat theater. At the KonvenTion, I chatted with
Del Palmer about the film, and he seemed to think that it might very well
be released on video in America, though I won't count on it until it's
actually in my hands. We'll order a PAL copy when it comes out in the UK.

eikciv