Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What does it matter?

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 8:45:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: What does it matter?
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

P.R. Houghton writes:

>It may be for you, but for most male Kate fans, I shouldn't think it is.
>Kate's music relies very heavily on her sexuality, as does our appreciation
>of it.

Um... Hmmm...

Well, I'm a male Kate Bush fan and a Pig (male and pig being almost synonomos,
according to my fiance,) but I have to disagree with the above statement. I
would love Kate's music even if she was a completely hideous creature (like
a male.)

Now let me put on my sexist suit:

If a woman called me a hunk of burnin' love, I wouldn't be offended. I always
think of compliments on my looks as being compliments on my looks, not sexist
remarks which I should be offended by. I think people get a little uptight
about things which (to me at least) seem silly. Call me four eyes not
'vision impaired.' Call me an asshole not 'sexist.' See what I mean. I think
people need to take a laxative and relax a little.

I could put a smiley face, but I would have to kill myself afterwards...

Aaron
ridley@zasu.sprl.umich.edu

Oh....

Did anyone read Jorn's post about Cloudbusting? The thing from me was actually
posted to this list almost a year ago, when I didn't know what Cloudbusting
was "really" about... just a point that I thought I should mention for no other
purpose than to yammer a little more.