Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 17:02:32 GMT
Subject: Re: Questions
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

>   Peter Chow from Brighton (UK) asks:

>   Does that mean that they didn't show 'Cloudbusting', 'Hounds Of Love'
>   or 'Experiment IV' either!!!?

You want consistency from MTV?  They did play "Cloudbusting" a bit,
but I think that this was after they had changed their mind about
"Running Up That Hill" and had decided that it was okay to play the
real video after all.  In fact, they later nominated Kate's real video
for "Running Up That Hill" for best video of the year by a female
artist.  This from an organization that shortly before had refused to
play the video!  I don't know if MTV ever showed "Hounds of Love".  If
they did, it was shown very rarely.  "Experiment IV" I believe was
shown a few times.  My memory grows vague with time....