Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KDVS KaTe Special

From: szpltdwn@dale.ucdavis.edu ()
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 20:39:26 GMT
Subject: Re: KDVS KaTe Special
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@rocky.ucdavis.edu (News Guru)

Dr G.T. Parks (gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: As Chris stated "England, My Leotard" is not a Kate *self*-parody.
: However, it was not done by Faith Brown either. The track in question
: was done by Pamela Stephenson on the legendary BBC comedy show "Not
: The Nine O'Clock News". It appears on one of the highlight albums the
: BBC subsequently released.

: Faith Brown did indeed include a Kate impersonation in her act for a
: while, but she didn't do "England, My Leotard".

: If you like, I'll play you "England, My Leotard" when you and Vickie
: visit in May - I have it on tape somewhere...

: Geoff Parks