Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Non-lip-sync-ed videos

From: Gary Moore <surreal@eskinews.eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 13:18:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Non-lip-sync-ed videos
To: Douglas Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

On Wed, 27 Apr 1994, Douglas Alan wrote:
> The reason MTV wouldn't play the real video for "Running Up That Hill"
> is the same reason they wouldn't play the real video for "Rubberband
> Girl" -- they're not lip-synced.  Kind of a lame reason, but MTV's
> kind of a lame channel.

But I remember them playing a "very special" edition of Bruce
Springsteen's "One Step Forward" or whatever that song was called.  They
made a big deal about how Bruce was really singing and playing for it.
Yeah, it DID really sound like he was sitting in a kitchen.
 gmoore@u.washington.edu            Seattle          "Well if I can't be
 surreal@eskimo.com                         debonair, I'll just be gaunt
 magritte@goren.u.washington.edu     and gothic" - Stephen Tin Tin Duffy