Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS: Very Sad?

From: Suzanne J. Bergstrom <34RYZ47@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 12:21:29 EST
Subject: TRS: Very Sad?
To: REC-MUSIC-GAFFA@GATECH.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I just purchased TRS after hearing Rubberband Girl multiple times on
the college radio station.  I was surprised at the overwhelmingly
depressed feeling I received from the lyrics.  Am I missing something
or does the whole theme of the album revolve around how depressing
life and love are and that one should resign oneself to being
unhappy because that's what life is all about?

After hearing the entire cd and then relistening to Rubberband Girl,
I found the same type of tone.  But hey, I like it.

Suzanne.