Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah / Rose Chronicles

From: Richard Moynes <"2143::moynes_r"@edidev.dofasco.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 09:40:13 EST
Subject: Sarah / Rose Chronicles
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi All!

  And goodbye for a while.  I'm switching jobs (laid off) and don't know
if I'll have net access at the new job or not.  I should have my account
for another week or two, so if anyone is interested in a 7th row ticket
for Sarah's Apr. 16 show in TO, email me at moynes_r@qis.dofasco.ca and
let me know.  I just got the Rose Chronicles CD on the weekend and it's
great, check them out.  Here's some more news from Nettwerk.  Disclaimer:
I don't work for Nettwerk, I'm just a happy customer.

[Excerpts from Nettwerk newsletter begins]

Subject: nettwerk news 94005
From: <Nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca>

nettwerk news 94005  march 21,1994

sarah
=====

excited around here. Also, i think it's the next issue of Time Magazine,
but apparently there will be a piece on sarah. someone let me know when you
see it. in canada, 'hold on' has been climbing the much music charts, with
it now up to number 13 on their top 30.

sarah will also be on television twice in the next few days...march 25th on
mtv's alternative nation and on the today show on the 25th, as well. on the
today show she'll be entertaining bryant and katie with a solo version of
"possession." as far as we know, the time is still between 8:30 and 9:00. i
also have just been given word that westwood one record a sarah show last
year and they are broadcasting it this week. different times in different
markets, so check out when and where.

and...melody has done a fantastic update of the sarah discography. it is
available on the bbs, via ftp mail  through the bbs, or you can ask for it
here. it's worth having if you are a sarah fan. thanks, melody. and don't
forget about the sarah mailing list that some people who have nothing to do
with nettwerk started up...you can subscribe to it at:
'fte-request@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au' include 'subscribe' in the message
body.

here is what is left of sarah's north american tour. there are the west
coast dates still to be confirmed. they will be may 22 - 28, so hang in
there. everything with an asterisk (*) has changed since the last
newsletter.

Mar 22     Philadelphia            Keswick
Mar 24     Hartford                Lincoln Centre
Mar 25     New York City           Town Hall
*Mar 26    Providence, RI
Mar 28     Boston                  Summerville Theatre
Mar 30     Ottawa                  Centre Point
Apr 1      Kingston                Grant Hall
Apr 10     Montreal                Olympia
Apr 12     Lindsay/Peterborough    Academy Theatre
Apr 13     Toronto                 Convocation Hall
Apr 14     Toronto                 Convocation Hall
*Apr 16    Toronto                 Convocation Hall
*Apr 17    Toronto                 Convocation Hall
Apr 18     Kitchener               Centre in the Square
Apr 20     Westchester, NY         Performing Arts Centre, SUNY
Apr 21     Rochester               Harro Street Theatre
Apr 22     Buffalo                 Riviera Theatre
Apr 23     Cleveland               Agora Theatre
Apr 25     Detroit                 Music Hall
Apr 26     Columbus                Newport Music Hall
Apr 27     Oberlin, OH             Finney Chappel
*Apr 29    Grand Rapids, MI        Fountain Street
Apr 30     Chicago                 Vic Theatre             [tickets]
May 2      St. Louis               The Sheldon             April 2
May 4      Madison                 Barrymore Theatre       April 2
May 6      Minneapolis             Gutherie Theatre        April 2
May 8      Winnipeg                Playhouse Theatre       March 26
May 9      Regina                  Centre of the Arts      March 26
May 10     Saskatoon               Centennial Hall         March 26
May 12     Banff                   Eric Harvey             March 26
May 15     Edmonton                Jubilee                 March 26
May 16     Calgary                 Jubilee                 March 26
May 18     Victoria                Royal Theatre           March 26
May 20     Vancouver               Orpheum Theatre         March 26

more west coast dates to follow....

rose chronicles
===============

our newest little stars are doing quite well at this time. they have a big
vancouver show lined up on march 27 at the vancouver east cultural centre.
it's an all ages show, as well. the band are also shooting a video at the
end of the month, but the name of the song escapes me. and i'm not in the
office right now. it might be "dwelling". it might be "glide". you don't
expect me to know everything, do you?

the rose chronicles are also heading out on their first tour. be nice to
them if you see them, we told them that it was a nice world out there.
here's the schedule of dates so far:

April
12   Calgary@republik   14   Saskatoon@amigos   15   Regina@channel one
16   Winnipeg@junkyard   19   Quebec City@club d'autiel   20
Ottawa@zaphod 21   Montreal@cafe campus   23   Norton, MA@wheaton college
24   Buffalo
26   Hamilton@corktown   27   Kitchener@phil's grandson's   29
Toronto@lee's palace   30   London, ON@promised land   May 4   Grand
Rapids, MI@ Reptile House

there are more dates to follow. i'll let you know next mailing.

misc
====

OK. The Internet connection to the BBS is going great. But some of you were
not listening the first time round. Subscription requests to the nettlist
go to:

NETTLIST-REQUEST@NETTWERK.WIMSEY.COM

Nettlist messages go to

NETTLIST@NETTWERK.WIMSEY.COM

OK?

Sending a subscription request to the general nettlist only will embarrass
you.

And no, we don't have a real FTP or Telnet site. Soon. For now you can get
most of our files at ftp.uwp.edu, just cd nettwerk. Thanks to Dave Datta!

And please only one file at a time via FTPmail.

there that's from jay. anyone who missed the connect.faq, let me know and
i'll send it to you. but like i said before, expect it to take a bit.
that's all for this go around. i'll be backson. until then remember this...

Lane, your email friend.

ohohoh, the standard joining/unjoining stuff. send all messages regarding
that and any questions or requests for information to this address:
'nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca' now you know.

--
Nettwerk                                       -An attitude, not a problem-
nettwerk@mindlink.bc.ca

[Excerpts from Nettwerk newsletter ends]

Richard
moynes_r@qis.dofasco.ca (for a little while longer)