Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: lorenmo@microsoft.com
Date: Mon Feb 28 15:12:36 1994
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: lorenmo@microsoft.com (Loren Moore)
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 23:11:24 GMT
In article <MK59200.94Feb21133330@sepelrastas.cs.tut.fi> mk59200@cs.tut.fi wrote:
>     > Give me a break you guys. It's not possible to 'imprint'
>     > emotions onto any type of media.
>
> Oh yes it is. All you need is a microphone and a recording device, no
> matteri if it's analog or digital. The emotions of the performer
> _will_ be recorded on the tape simply because they will effect the
> performance. There isn't any "magic" involved.
>
> If the emotions of the perfomers didn't have any effect there would't
> be any need for musicians, they would have been replaced with
> mechanical devices long ago.
>
> --
> 	Markku Kolkka
> 	mk59200@cs.tut.fi

By stating that 'emotions' can be transferred to any type of
medium, is saying that emotion is something in and of itself
beyond the human form. So, said emotions can be re-experienced
again and again, without the actual performers presence, and
even long after the performer is dead. Thus, emotion is
something that must exist on it's own, and is not dependent upon
a human being. This makes human emotion seem to be of a mystical
nature, and something for which Kate would never stand.

daemien