Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: First Time Kate

From: dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 10:36:22 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: First Time Kate
To: sarah.trowbridge@ehbbs.com
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> DJZ->I'll always have a special place in my "heart", however, for Lionheart,
> DJZ->simply because it was the very first Kate Bush album I EVER heard.

etc...

> I never cared for _Lionheart_ a bit, with the exception of the "title" track.
> My first Kate experience was when my great good lifelong friend Carole said,
> "Hey, there was this singer on Saturday Night Live, did you see her?" Of
> course, I hadn't. But her boyfriend's sister had _The Kick Inside_, which we
> borrowed & listened to over & over. I bought my own copy, and listened to it
> over & over.

Oh, how I long for Kate to make another album like Lionheart or The Kick
Inside. Symphony In Blue is one of my favorite Kate songs, and one of her best
IMHO. I mean, The Red Shoes sounds so 90's. The music made back in the late
70's / early 80's seemed to have more heart and soul (not just Kate's music).
Ever since rap, though, things have gone downhill at a frightening pace (not
to start a rap flamewar, even though such a thing would be fun, because I
could talk about it for days and days).