Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (no subject given!)

From: wagreiner@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu ()
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 21:21:05 GMT
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu (News Guru)

In article <m0pWLzo-000AamC@SonOSam.wisdom.bubble.org> phil@sonosam.wisdom.bubble.org (Phil Verdieck) writes:

>tigrlily@rose.brandeis.edu (Amy Hasbrouck) writes:
>
>>I was never as spellbound as when some friends brought over the advance
>>single "The Dreaming" and played it for me.  Ah, that was a moment!
>
>Really, that would have bummed me out.
>
>I think The Dreaming is the weakest song by far on TD.
>
>Was there a cool B-Side on that single???
>
>Phil Verdieck

Aw, come on, this song is hilarious!  I remember introducing a friend to
Kate with this recording and we couldn't stop laughing at the "Bang! goes
another.." line and the "...mistaken for a tree, till you near (him?) on
the mo-ta-way and the tree begins to breathe!" followed by that goofy
hoo-ing and hah-ing sound.  A masterpiece of macabre humor.

Wade