Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hard to find CDs

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 00:09:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Hard to find CDs
To: mkelly@ucs.att.com
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

> I understand that KB has a live album in vinal and other vinal EPs which have
> been released or promoed over the years as each new album came out.  The
> booklet that comes with "The Whole Story" displays the covers of several other
> KB releases which I can't find on CD.
>
> Does anybody know how/where I can find this material on CD?

Sure! Almost all of the stuff shown in the The Whole Story booklet can be
found in the This Woman's Work 8CD box which holds the six normal albums
up to The Sensual World as well as two CDs with almost all b-sides, the
four live versions, remixes. Four major tracks are missing, and a lot
more minor versions.

> I am also interested in finding a CD version of "The Dreaming" which has the
> complete liner notes (lyrics, musical acknowlegements, etc.).  The copy I
> have--and all copies that I have seen in the stores--only have a one-page
> insert for the album cover, not the original liner notes or booklet.

Get a European or Japanese one. If you get a UK or Japanese version of
the This Woman's Work boxed set you'll have one. If you get the (cheaper
and more easy to find) Canadian one you'll have another 'short' one.

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionary is brooding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."