Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Columbia Record Club gets weird . . .

From: dambik@fnalo.fnal.gov (Ed Dambik)
Date: 14 Feb 94 16:17:40 -0600
Subject: Re: Columbia Record Club gets weird . . .
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Pine.3.87.9402121726.A13525-0100000@crl.crl.com>, "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com> writes:

> This is at least the second ad I've seen originating at Columbia that is
> focused on the movie.  I doubt if they would use it as a marketing tool
> unless they hoped to generate enough interest in it to sell videos.

The content of the Columbia ad may be Kate's decision. I've heard
a number of interviews lately and she seems reluctant to say much of
anything about the album. But when someone mentioned the movie, she
became very (audibly) excited and enthusiastically began to talk
about the film. Her real interest seemed to lie in the film and not
in the music at all!

The Other Ed