Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: About Song of Solomon and TD

From: Jeremy Kirkwood <jpk@inmos.co.UK>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 17:51:17 GMT
Subject: Re: About Song of Solomon and TD
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@inmos.co.UK

i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen) writes:

|> Hi...
|>
|> Sorry I'm late to respond, (I have limited access...)
|> In the digest Mon Feb  7  Alex Gibbs says
|>
|> >Of course it she could have meant it as being fed-up with love. In US English
|> >it could be either.  You decide.  Any UKers see it differenlty?
|>
|> as a possible explanaion to the quote "For I am sick of love"
|> I am not a UKer, but I'd like to comment on that...
|> The way I see it (as a non-native English speaker) is that it means sick and
|> tired of it. At least, that is my first impression. Of course, when you mention
|> it, the interpretations _can_ be somewhat different, depending on the mood of the wiewer, as well as linguistic references.

This reminded me of a line from - I think - Blackadder (UK TV comedy),
that went something like:

- this poor man is sick of the Palsy - he has been afflicted 7 years.
- I'm not surprised - if I'd had it for 7 years, I'd be pretty sick of
the Palsy!
(Boom, boom!)

Sorry about the non-Kate content - I'll go away now.
--
|  Jeremy Kirkwood   | Don't take the above seriously: I just   |