Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

About Song of Solomon and TD

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 14:22:28 +0100
Subject: About Song of Solomon and TD
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi...

Sorry I'm late to respond, (I have limited access...)
In the digest Mon Feb  7  Alex Gibbs says

>Of course it she could have meant it as being fed-up with love. In US English
>it could be either.  You decide.  Any UKers see it differenlty?

as a possible explanaion to the quote "For I am sick of love"
I am not a UKer, but I'd like to comment on that...
The way I see it (as a non-native English speaker) is that it means sick and
tired of it. At least, that is my first impression. Of course, when you mention
it, the interpretations _can_ be somewhat different, depending on the mood of the wiewer, as well as linguistic references.
I simply have to talk my little brother into lending me the album, that I may read the lyrics once again

To Rob Petrone:

You're not alone! I too disagree with the statement that TD is
the greatest album. It's HoL! (or perhapas TKI or LH)

Perhaps I should try listening to it in _my car_... if it sounded better in
Andy's when he upgraded his stereo from 8 watts to 20, what would it sound
like when I can play 400 watts???

Live long and prosper
Mikael Jakonen   i12mikja@gandalf.his.se   (how many Mike are we here anyway?)

ps
That cloud looks just like the Small Magellan one