Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Scattering The Koanheads

From: dsr@lns598.lns.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley)
Date: 11 Feb 1994 17:32:14 GMT
Subject: Scattering The Koanheads
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2jev8s$c9a@chnews.intel.com>,
agough@sedona.intel.com (Andy Gough) writes:

>> The Master quickly corrected him.  "No, it is refraction.  That is why
Andy> That should be "Mie scattering."  Proportional to 1/(wavelength^4) .

"Mie scattering"?  I always thought it was Rayleigh scattering, or at
least Rayleigh is generally credited with the first reasonable
quantative treatment.  Who's this Mie person?

Regardless, I doubt Rayleigh scattering or Mie scattering is the real
reason why The Dreaming is the greatest album in existence...

--
-Dan Riley                          Internet: dsr@lns598.tn.cornell.edu
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University     HEPNET/SPAN: lns598::dsr (44630::dsr)