Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Flowers

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 15:39:04 -0700
Subject: Re: Flowers
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) writes:
> roses are associated with the virgin mary. i will look again to see if
> there is a more specific association for the rose of sharon.

A footnote to the rose of "rose of Sharon" in my Bible says that Hebrew
versions have it as a crocus.

WRT Kate: Release X4 on parcel post for messing up irreplaceable Kate
posters.  Obviously they have some strange usage of the word FRAGILE
that I was previously unaware of.  The tube was dented, bent, and
split open.  UPS is worse.  Is Fed Ex any better with tubes?

AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<