Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: save me from the FAQ!

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 23:01:00 +0100
Subject: Re: save me from the FAQ!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu

Hi Peter,

> But there IS a work-around, and I recommend it again, Uli.  The digest is

> sent out at 12:00noon EST, which is 6:00pm in Germany.  I usually get mine

> between 12:25 and 12:35pm, so maybe you should allow 45 minutes to be safe.

> Simply shoot at making the FAQ the *last* post in the given lh-digest

> compilation cycle!  That means if you are also sending regular posts, send

> them *first* (last week you *followed* the FAQ with two additional posts).

Won't work, since I'm not directly on the net but rather have two uucp sites
between me and the internet (at least for now). But that won't matter since
it's possible to evade the mailing list completely. I'll create a diff
from now on and post that (hopefully small) document to both sides of the
gateway.

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionaire is breeding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."