Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: save me from the FAQ!

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 23:24:00 +0100
Subject: Re: save me from the FAQ!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

> First of all, let me state my admiration and gratitude to Uli, who spent a
> lot of time putting the new and improved version of the love-hounds FAQ
> together.  It's a great piece of work.

Thanks, Meth!

> However, it's just too damned long to have to deal with in a Digest, even
> once a month.  I'm stuck with a 2400bps modem for the time being, and I have
> to pay for every minute of my online time- I'm sure I'm not the only one here
> who is in this situation.  It took me 15 minutes to page through the posting
> of the FAQ in the last Digest, and it was quite frustrating.

Ok.

Now what would you say that I had to make special arrangements to get it to the
mailing list at all? ;-). Well, guess that it isn't really needed. I think I'll
create a diff to each month's FAQ and post this to gaffa and love-hounds but not
to rec.music.info, rec.answers and news.answers. Anyone who is still in need
of a complete copy of the FAQ can get one from me.

Meth (and all others on slow & expensive connections): What do you think about
the long awaited discography? The FAQ is *short* compared to that document...
(right now, incomplete [well ;-)] as it is, it's about 4560 lines and 177512
bytes long - three times as much as the FAQ)

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: I'm not sponsored by ZyXEL, US-Robotics or any other high speed modem
manufacturer, just a satisfied customer...

--
An EMACS missionaire is breeding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."