Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: DREAMING-COVER was: Houdini

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 00:03:00 +0100
Subject: Re: DREAMING-COVER was: Houdini
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> >But, the picture with the key ist really interesting:
> >This picture seems to be scanned and manipulated with a
> >graphical workstation or something similar.
> >The key has some stairs, and there a NOT too much colours.
>
> HUNH?  Take another look.  The cover of the album is *clearly* of
> photographic quality.  Look, in particular at the fineness in KaTe's hair.
> The only thing that looks like pixelated jaggies is in the houndstooth
> pattern on her jacket, and that, of course, is standard for a woven
> houndstooth of that size.

Please take a look in the TWW boxed set picture booklets (unless you've got
a Canadian one). There the TD picture is availlable in real colors, and it is
absolute sharp and crispy, alltogether with the golden key. I'd say that photo
would need AT LEAST 2048*2048*24 graphics, and in 1982 that would have been an
absolute NO-NO.

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionaire is breeding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."