Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Two questions (Kate Film & "Lily")

From: "Jeff Lawrence" <jlaw@irus.rri.uwo.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 94 16:29:47 EST
Subject: Two questions (Kate Film & "Lily")
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi, this is my first posting to this mailing list, so I might as well briefly introduce myself.
My name is Jeff Lawrence and I'm a grad student at the University of Western Ontario. I've
been a Kate fan for only the last 9 months! (*gasp*... a neophyte! The shame of it all! ;-) )
I got interested in her actually from hearing/seeing the Utah Saints mutation of "Cloudbusting"
(a strange way yes, but...) and now am quite hooked. I've got only "The Red Shoes", "Sensual
World" and "Hounds Of Love" but I'm familiar with her other albums (a roommate has some others).

The intro out of the way, I have two burning questions that I did not see answered in the FAQ
(at least the version I got). First, what exactly is "The Line The Cross The Curve"(?) about?
Are the scenes with Miranda Richardson from RBG(version 2) from the film? Since I am in a town
that has very little in the way of reportory(sp?) movie theatres (only one in town), it's very
doubtful that TLTCTC will play here any time in the next century! Therefore, if anyone can fill
me in without spoiling it for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. BTW, is the film based on
"The Red Shoes"? That was the impression I received from the RBG(ver.2) video.

My other question is about "Lily" from "The Red Shoes". For some of the people listed in the CD
booklet, it just has their first names and some have both names. Lily is one of the "one-namers".
Is she Kate's aunt or relative or something? I'm just curious since the little bit Lily
says at the beginning of the song seems, at least to me, be the incoherent raving of an older
person (maybe I just don't get it!). Could somebody please clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance!

Slainthe!,
Jeff

"Let my children have music! Let them hear live music. Not noise.
My children! You do what you want with your own!" - Charles Mingus

** JEFF LAWRENCE (jlaw@irus.rri.uwo.ca) **
Grad Student, Imaging Research Labs, Robarts Research Institute
University Of Western Ontario, P.O. Box 5015, 100 Perth Drive
London, Ont., CANADA, N6A 5K8        Ph:(519)663-5777 ext. 4132