Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on NPR

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 1994 06:52:54 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate on NPR
To: vickie@pilot.njin.net
Cc: MJM@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com, ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu, Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Vickie:
> MJM says:
>
> > Although I'm sure alot of people heard this too,
> > Kate Bush was featured on Morning Edition
> > (National Public Radio, US) this (Friday Jan. 21) morning.
> I heard it too! Funny, a bunch of people were in #ecto and 3
> of us were listening to it at the same time: Alex Gibbs in
> Tucson, AZ, Steve Lamb in Sacramento, CA and yours truly in
> Chicago. It was Steve's first exposure to Kate too (now he

Yes, that was a great experience! :) I'm sure glad ecto is working
since I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.  I was lucky it was
played twice cause the first time I spent the whole time holding the
attena myself to try to get as little static as possible.  :) I then
discovered my cable carries the local affilliate so made a great
second tape.

> by Andy Lymon(sp?) with quotes from David Stanton (anyone
> know who he is? they just said "music reviewer") and bits

Actually it was "music writer".  The name sounds familiar but maybe
I'm imagining things.

> of Kate talking. It was an interview done specifically
> for NPR, so she must have done it while in New York. (Though
> isn't Morning Edition taped in Philadelphia or Washington?)
> It's nice to know she did *something* besides the Tower
> signing while in America :-)

That's for sure!  It's the *first* thing I've *FINALLY* heard her say
from her visit to North America.  Until now she could have just stayed
at home for all the effect she had in Tucson, except that tapes are
not as far away.  That's not to say I'm ungrateful that she made the
trip.  I'm glad she did but she could have had a much greater impact
if she had wanted to.  However I imagine the major talk shows probably
wouldn't have interviewed her; they would've just wanted her to
perform.

> Kate's voice is so beautiful! I've always adored her speaking voice.

Me too!

I just heard Peter Gabriel's "Love Town" from the Philadelphia soundtrack
for the first time.  :)  It was on a station in Phoenix I can't get most
of the time.

***Remember I can't see gaffa/love-hounds.***

AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?