Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: LOVE HOUNDS T-SHIRT

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1993 08:35:59 -0700
Subject: Re: LOVE HOUNDS T-SHIRT
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

ericf@netcom.com (Eric France) writes:
> Unfortunately, when I left IBM I lost access to my wonderful RS/6000 and
> its wonderful image conversion software.  So, I'm currently scrounging
> around the network for software for either the Sun or the PC which can
> convert JPG's to Windows BMPs (so that I can print the winning image
> on a color jetprinter).  If you know the address and directory of such
> software please email me.

I have some PC things that may do it, but I'd have to check.  I know
there are commercial packages that will anyway (which I don't have
access to now) and there is bound to be a gaffan who can do it.

I'm confused why we need that now though.  Isn't the entire t-shirt
going to be designed on a computer?  I mean in printing these days you
usually do everything by computer, including the final CMYK color
seperation, before putting it on films.  If we do need a print or
transparency of the image alone, then wouldn't the quality be better
if someone experienced photographs the original with low ASA film?
And if that's the case then why have we been concerned about the
quality of the scans, since we could probably get a better photo?

Eric, I don't mean that as a flame.  I admit I don't know anything
about making t-shirts.  I'm fairly certain some gaffans know what we
have to do to have a t-shirt made, but if no one does we better find
out.

Excluding that, it seems the thing to do now is finish deciding on the
design of the t-shirt.  Words, logo, the other side, color, something
on sleeves or not, short sleeves seem to be the default, sizes, where
to have it made, etc.  We also better be sure there is enough demand
so that the per shirt cost won't be outrageous for what we have in
mind.

AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?