Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Toronto newspaper interviews!

From: aj796@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tippi Chai)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 16:07:13 GMT
Subject: Toronto newspaper interviews!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

Les and I found 3 interviews with KaTe on newspaper: the Toronto Sun, the
Toronto Star, and the Hamilton Spectator (courtesy of Les' *mom*).  I'll
be typing in the interviews soon, which seem to have been done with a
group of journalists talking to KaTe all at the same time.  However, there
are totally opposite statements reported by different journalists.

Toronto Sun: "I don't think I'd ever tour again", she says, flatly.
  "I'd never written the songs [on _TRS_] in view of playing them on
  stage."

Toronto Star: Advance word had it _TRS_ would see Bush finally treading
  the boards again ... with tunes especially written for live performance.

Hamilton Spectator: "I'd like to do some dates at some point for this record"
  "Now I've come back to the idea of doing it-- especially over the last
  couple of years. If we did do something, I'd like to do something
  personal. The idea of standing here  and just singing my songs more simply
  now appeals to me."

Who do we believe? who do we *want* to believe? :-)

Also a statement to sum up why KaTe is so elusive about answering questions:

          "It's not important to me that people understand me."
--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada             aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"It's really happenin' to ya!" Kate Bush    "My past is warpaint" Happy Rhodes