Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bring back Kate related posts! / LOVE HOUNDS T-SHIRT

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 08:23:14 -0700
Subject: Re: Bring back Kate related posts! / LOVE HOUNDS T-SHIRT
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

rfrost@jrc.flinders.edu.au (Richard J Frost) writes:
>  to Kate at the Tower Records signings that the size of the love
>  hounds fan club was around 30 000 members!.

I'm curious where that estimate comes from.  Obvisouly the number of people
on the mailing list could be found out.  Was the number of rec.music.gaffa
usenet news readers an estimate from somewhere?  I remember seeing such
an estimate for newsgroups in one of the news.* newsgroups I think.
Can't find it at the moment though, maybe later if I care enough.

>  Maybe we should include the exact number on the T shirt?

I disagree because that would make is sound like there are 30,000
t-shirts out there and besides there is nowhere near that many
actually posting.  If 30,000 is reasonably accuarte, which I'm
skeptical about, it is probably due to many wandering in and reading
a post or two in curiosity.  Not really very representative of love-hounds.

>  Lets continue on with the discussion regarding the style and design of the
>  T shirt. To keep the traffic down I suggest we email all suggestions
>  to ONE person who compiles them into a SINGLE post to LOVE HOUNDS.
>
>  I suggest that initial person to be ME:
>
>     rfrost@jrc.flinders.edu.au
>
>  else we could use whoever else was controlling the T-shirt earlier
>  (sorry I forgot your name).

Eric France <ericf@netcom.com>, what do you say?  Do you want to continue
it sometime before long?  How was the move?
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?