Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The album at no. 4 on 120 Minutes

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1993 19:00:18 -0700
Subject: Re: The album at no. 4 on 120 Minutes
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi) writes:
> play any of her videos, though.  Someone just posted that her video
> was seen on "regular" MTV -- that is, outside 120 Minutes.  I wonder
> if it's time to set my VCR on continuous record to see if she shows
> up elsewhere.  Meanwhile, can anyone else confirm such an "outside"
> showing?

Ed, that was my post.  Trust me, I was awake and taped it.  It even
has the MTV "Dreamtime" logo they use during their wee hour videos.
Also, if you did tape 120 Minutes then right after it's over they
annouce some of the videos they will be playing in the next hour, one
of which is Kate Bush.  The VJ announced just before the 2:30am PST
showing "Get ready Kate Bush fans.  After 3 years of waiting she has a
new album and video, coming up next."  That was paraphrased but he
said 3 years.  Maybe he was counting TWW.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?