Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Argh!

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1993 21:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Argh!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi.

Kate's going to be in New York on Thursday.

I have to work all day in Connecticut on Thursday.

I think I'll contract a sudden violent illness at 7:00 Thursday morning
that cures iteself by 11:00 AM, just in time for me to hop a train to
Manhattan.

If that doesn't transpire, I'll need a damn good excuse to get out of work.
Here's where I need your help!

If you were the executive assistant for the big cheeses of a national company
and your days were 9.5-hour slices of hell five times a week, what would *you*
come up with to convincingly miss a day?

I'm serious, folks.  Winner is the one I use, I'll let you know if it works
or not.

Meredith
meth@delphi.com