Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-50 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Local Red Shoe Review

From: rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 93 00:59:29 GMT
Subject: Re: Local Red Shoe Review
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In article <9312031823.AA03299@mond1.ccrc.uga.edu>, silva  (s) writes:

s> Plus I agree, the title track, while being integral to the album as a
s> whole is not the easiest song to digest on it's oWn.

Weird, to me it's one of Her most straight forward songs.

Maybe this is just due to my having listened to quite a few number of
celtic folk tunes in my time -- it clearly inheirits much of it's
structure from them.

In fact, if asked to rate the tracks on TRS by `dificulty', the title
track would be near the bottom.

To be sure I don't get misinterpreted, I'd perhaps best make it clear
that in my opinion it's also one of the best tracks on the album --
only Lilly is clearly better and only Moments, Stripey Lie and Why
Should I Love You really chalenge it. I love it.

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk		This is the constelation of the heart.